I'm currently an graduate student at UC San Diego, exploring Computer Vision and Computer Networks. I recently completed my undergraduate education from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi after having co-founded my startup Pharmart and an awesome internship at Amazon. I breifly also worked at some really amazing problems at Rivigo.
As a software engineer, I enjoy applying my technical knowledge to solve challenging problems. I wish to technology as an enabler for a better lifestyle. My goal is to always build applications that are scalable and efficient under the hood while providing engaging, pixel-perfect user experiences.
When I'm not in front of a computer screen, I'm probably learning to surf, cruising around on my penny board, or exploring San Diego.
At Pharmart, we brought the medical store at your doorstep. With an Anroid app, you could order medicines online and get them delivered within minutes!
- Used collaborative filtering techniques to predict reviewer-item properties on Amazon purchase dataset.
- Predicted whether a user would buy a product using similarity and features based approach. Ranked 25/816 teams in corresponding Kaggle competition.
- Predicted ratings that a user would give to unrated products in the dataset using baseline and matrix factorization based approaches. Ranked 44/461 teams in corresponding Kaggle competition.
- Implemented the election mechanism of RAFT protocol in Python.
- Used RPC library for inter-process communication.
- Developed a web server in Python 3 based on custom "Triton HTTP" protocol
- The web server used socket API to accept requests from clients, parse them as per proocol specification and returen requested resource.
- Added a layer of "in-graph" index in JanusGraph to speed up queries, as a layer over the user's graph data.
- This allowed us to achieved independence from external indexing backends for "equate" and "range" type queries.
- Deployed Smart Contract for Media Distribution on Ethereum Testnet.
- Created web interface for creators to publish media and an interface for users to view and purchase them.
- Provided offchain encryption-decryption interface.
- Solved various challenges to score points in the Hackathon.
- Used face detection in OpenCV to place image of a hat over user's face on stream received from camera.
- Created a robust login system for an Android app. This would logout a user after limited specified time by handling various corner cases in app lifecycle.
🏆 1st Rank in Aldoid Hackathon 🏆
- BrainWhack is a directed learning Android app.
- The app recommendeds prerequisites of an article that user plans to read, to help them understand better.
🏆 1st Runner Up in Coding Blocks Hackathon 🏆
- SimpleDB is an educational DBMS, in which we implemented new features.
- Added a DATETIME data type to the DBMS and extended its B-Tree implementation of indexes to be able to serve range queries.
- Developed and published 2 native iOS games to the Apple App Store.